Wall Street Wonderland

The good, the bad and the unspeakably ugly and everything in between, so help us!

Friday, July 13, 2007

iPhone: Babe Magnet or The Best $600 You'll Ever Waste

Now that the initial deluge of iPhone press coverage has slowed to a trickle, I feel compelled to irritate all of you by adding my own opinion to the mix. The two most important selling points for the iPhone have been totally left out of every story I've yet to come across.

First of all, it's a babe magnet. That alone makes it the best $600 I've ever wasted on a totally unnecessary discretionary purchase. I'm sure it has the same effect on men that it has on women, but I haven't been devoting much attention to what my new gadget does to dudes.

Anyone who's seen the Cramer/Mason Chronicles, my series of videos with Jim Cramer (who, not so coincidentally, is my uncle -- a fact I disclose every time I write anything) about financial advice for people in their 20s, knows that hell will freeze over before I'm considered a ladies man. I look ridiculous, and my charm is, shall we say, subtle. That no longer matters now that I have an iPhone (as the friendly folks at DealBreaker pointed out after watching my latest video).

I could tell you all about how adequate AT&T's Edge network is for Internet connectivity, or what a joy the virtual keyboard is to use, but if you've read this far you'd probably prefer to read about what happened when I pulled out my iPhone in the J. Crew near my apartment last week.

Picture this: I'm just standing in line, answering some email, when the fetching cashier who's ringing me up begs to "see" my iPhone and then asks me half a dozen questions about how I like it.

http://www.thestreet.com/s/an-iphone-the-best-600-youll-ever-waste
/newsanalysis/techtelecom/10367747.html?puc=_tsccom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home